According to Matt Davies Harmony Communities, selecting a pet-friendly hotel might be difficult, so it is essential to have specific questions addressed before booking your accommodation. It will put your mind at ease while ensuring your pet’s pleasure. Furthermore, if the hotel allows pets, it must state so on its website. Their website must also include information on any size or breed limits.
When you cannot find the information, you’re searching for, it is better to call. The last thing you need is to reserve a hotel room for you and your pet, only to discover that your particular pet is not permitted. In addition, when you are on a tight budget, you don’t like to be surprised by an unexpected price for your pet.
Questions To Ask
- Is The Hotel Pet-Friendly? – Always begin with what’s most important and ensure that the hotel is pet friendly. Hotel pet regulations constantly change, and sites aren’t always current and accurate. Furthermore, if you are traveling with a cat, remember that when it comes to reserving accommodation, pet-friendly does not always equate to cat-friendly. Several hotels even impose extra charges if you visit with a pet. Lastly, determine if you will be required to produce confirmation of your dogs’ vaccines when you register.
- Is There a Breed or Weight Limit? – Hotels often set weight limitations. Several set the restriction absurdly low, such as 15 pounds. If you have discovered the ideal hotel, but your dog is too large, inquire if they will offer an exception. Several hotels have some wiggle room in their size restrictions and will attempt to accommodate you if you ask. Instead of prohibiting a breed, several hotels may impose a weight restriction that excludes the desired breed from the selection.
- How Many Pets Are Permitted in Each Room? – If traveling with many dogs, it is critical to know if you may all remain in the same room. Several hotels have a universal pet policy that allows just one pet in every room. On the other hand, different chains will never restrict the number of pets that may join you. Take notice that each hotel is unique.
- Is There an Extra Pet Cost at The Hotel? – Added pet costs vary from free to up to twice the overnight accommodation rate. Whether they are paid per night, per stay, or per pet, make sure that you are aware of any fees before completing your booking. In addition, inquire whether any percentage of the charge is refundable if the accommodation is not destroyed throughout your stay.
- Are Pet Travelers Restricted to Certain Accommodations – Hotels used to label their least attractive rooms as pet-friendly, often using similar rooms for both dogs and people who smoke. Several hotels still restrict dogs to specific rooms even if the situation has improved. Whether you prefer a specific room location, check out ahead of time if your request can be met.
- Could You Keep Your Dogs in The Room Unsupervised? – Knowing if the hotel permits dogs to be left unattended in the room while you go out to lunch or do duties enables you to plan accordingly. Pets alone generate two major issues: damage to the accommodation and commotion that annoys other visitors. Hotels frequently demand dogs to be crated while you are gone to prevent such scenarios. And, when you are gone, always leave your mobile phone number with the front desk employee.
We wish you to loosen up, unwind, and savor your next trip. As Matt Davies Harmony Communities says, asking these questions before selecting a pet-friendly hotel will guarantee that both you and your pet will enjoy your visit.